First Impressions: Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm


Clinique TTDO packaging (I got a little xmasy with this pic )

I have been using the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm for quite some time now, but as it is approaching the bottom, (and a dedicated post to thoughts on the EH balm will follow) I wanted to try something different for the time being.

My skin is quite sensitive and recently I have been having breakouts on my cheeks, so  I am quite conscious when choosing facial products. I wanted something balmy, as this is my favourite type of cleanser and without a lot of fragrance. After researching quite a lot of products, I settled on purchasing the Clinique TTDO balm, and after reading a review by Caroline Hirons where she recommended such product, I was sure that this is the product I want to try.

I purchased this product a couple of days ago, (literally 2 days ago) and I have since used it for both my double evening cleanse and my morning cleanse, and my first impressions so far is that I love this cleanser.

Its formulation is a thick balm,which turns into oil upon application, which is great for removing make up and giving the skin a deep cleanse.

How the balm looks - the dent is the amount I used so far

In comparison to the Emma Hardie balm, the texture of the clinique is thicker, however it turns oilier upon application. Also the clinique one is scent less where as the EH has a soft scent.

Final Verdict on First Impressions: I am loving this product and I think I would love using it as much as I have loved the Emma Hardie one. Well at least I hope so. The only downfall in my opinion is in the packaging, as when you open the lid, it doesn't have an extra protection cap, it opens directly to the cleanser and it comes without a box!

Have you tried the Clinique TTDO balm? or do you use a different balm cleanser? I am always looking to try different products.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment