Currently Loving: Facial SPFs






I've been using SPFs on my face for as long as I can remember. I have a very pale skin and tend to burn really easily when exposed to the sun for longer than 20 minutes.

I've been searching for a good facial SPF for a long time. Most of which usually irritate my skin or stings quite a lot (I have sensitive skin and am eczema prone) or leave my face really white (casper like).

As you may be aware I live in Malta and the summer here is really hot and the UV indexes are quite high, thus daily use of SPF is required.

This year I have added 2 additional SPFs face cream/fluid to my collection and I think I've nailed it this time as these 2 products seem to be protecting my face really well without it feeling really oily, no white patches and no irritation.

These 2 products are the Alpha H Daily Essential Moisturizer SPF 50+ and the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ (for sun allergies and sensitive skin).

These two products are quite different, the Alpha H is an excellent moisturizing cream as well as a sun protect-ant, thus I consider it as a 2 in 1 process. I don't use any moisturizer underneath this product as it is a moisturizer in itself and it stays well under make up. I usually use this on daily basis on top of my serum and underneath my makeup (although in this heat, my makeup is currently quite basic and rarely using any foundation), nonetheless when foundation is applied it blends well into this great moisturizing cream.

On the other hand the La Roche Posay is quite liquidy, it has more of a serum texture and it sinks quite well in the skin without leaving any traces. I usually use this on top of my moisturizer and I found this to be an excellent choice when my skin is more onto the oily phase (my skin tends to be really oily in hot weather especially in the T-Zone Area). This is my top pick when going to the beach or will be exposed to heat for prolonged periods of time as it is less creamy and more fluid based, thus leaving my skin feeling refreshed without the feeling of too much product put on.

Both these products have been an excellent choice for my skin type and generally fills all the requirements I look for in a good SPF!

No comments:

Post a Comment